Personal information is gathered with the app. Privacy is of utmost importance and is taken seriously. For an elaborate overview of the privacy measures, please read the privacy declaration.
Anonymous data is stored and provided with a unique identifier code. The provided email address is used once to send credentials. This email in combination with the credentials is not stored and after the information is send, no longer available.
Data is stored on a secure server and adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Rules. Security is treated with diligence.
If you want more information you can find it here.
Some security measures we have in place
- the data is stored anonymised on a relational database on a server at the University of Maastricht (the Netherlands);
- the servers are protected by a number of firewalls and only externally accessible via a VPN connection – client application with communication through specific ports – user name and password; all communication is SSL encrypted;
- researchers only have access to the data of their own study or studies; patients only to their own data via the reporting module (they do not have access to the database);
- all fields containing privacy-sensitive data such as zip codes (in most cases this information is not available in the database) are ‘hidden’ and are never exported;
- the researcher (or the patient with his own login) is the only person who has the key that connects subject numbers with physical persons;
- communication with the PsyMate App is based on REST protocols via an SSL connection; log-in (by the user himself or through the research assistant) by means of user name and password a unique UUID is created that provides the session communication – no identification data is exchanged – the reporting module does not contain any identification data;
- the reporting module provides the client with an individual overview of their own data; this requires a separate log in with user name and password via a web application on a REST protocol with SSL security.