1. Company details
ECS International B. V. Walburg 12, 6225 CM Amby-Maastricht (The Netherlands) is responsible for the processing of personal data of the PsyMate™-related products as shown in this privacy statement.
2. What personal data do we process?
Because you use the PsyMate™, our services process your personal data as you provide them to us. Below you find a complete overview of the personal data we process:
- Account information: If you log in with your email address, this will not be stored. We will use your e-mail address only temporarily to send you personal login details and a password;
- Device data: device data (type and version), language and time zone are only processed during the registration process at login;
- Connection data: we register the IP address during login. Each user receives a UUID which makes the data identifiable in our servers. After login, your personal data can no longer be traced back to individual IP addresses or other personal credentials. Communication with the PsyMate™ app is based on REST protocols via an SSL secure connection;
- Log files: are archived after 24 hours and deleted after 14 days;
- Personal answers to questions in the PsyMate™ app: are stored in the form of numerical and structured data.
We do not process special or sensitive personal data.
The PsyMate™ app is not intended to collect data about people under the age of 16 unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we cannot check if a visitor is over 16. We therefore advise parents to be involved in their children’s online activities, to prevent data about children from being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we collect personal data about a minor without this permission, please contact us at email@example.com. Then we will delete this information at your request.
3. For what purpose and on what basis do we process personal data?
The PsyMate™ app was developed based on research at the Department of Psychiatry of Maastricht UMC+, PsyMate B.V., SmarteHealth GmbH and ECS International B.V. It is a tool to better understand psychological or somatic complaints that vary under certain circumstances in everyday life. PsyMate™ offers insight in vulnerability and resilience. It provides an auxiliary tool for recovery and positive health. The PsyMate™ uses specific protocols that match specific themes or questions. There are protocols assessing pain, side effects of medication, stress and relaxation, loneliness and being able to enjoy social contact, but also for depression, anxiety, addiction and psychosis. All available protocols have been extensively tested scientifically.
The PsyMate™ app processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to allow you to create an account and log in to the PsyMate™ app;
- to collect structured personal measurement results;
- to gain insight into moments of vulnerability and resilience in daily life. To this end, the user can log in securely on the reporting page.
The PsyMate™ app does not use automated decision-making on personal aspects that can have (significant) consequences for your person. We recommend that you do not act on your own based on the results obtained, but to discuss your observations with third parties, in particular your health professional.
4. How long do we keep your personal data?
The PsyMate™ app does not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. We use the following time limits for storage of the following (categories) of personal data:
- E-mail address: is registered to send the personal login details but is not stored;
- IP address: Is registered when logging in to define the session, but is not stored. We work with UUIDs to uniquely connect communication between the user’s PsyMate™ App and our datacloud. This data cannot be traced back to the individual (either via physical, e-mail or IP addresses);
- Session data and measurement results are stored on your smartphone or tablet until logged out and the measurement results have been received and processed by the backend servers (PsyRes™ database). On these servers the data is stored anonymously;
- Log files are archived after 24 hours; after 14 days, these archived log files are deleted;
- The personal and structured measurement results are stored for a maximum of 5 years after last use.
We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
5. Sharing personal data with third parties
The PsyMate™ app and its administrators do not provide personal data to third parties. Also, the collected personal data will not be used for commercial purposes. The PsyMate™ app is used under certain circumstances in the context of scientific research. For sharing the data with the researchers, the user gives a separate permission in the form of an informal consent.
6. Consult the collected PsyMate ™ App data
Measurement results and feedback can only be consulted on the reporting page by the user himself. This can be done by logging in with the personal login details (user alias/name and password) that you received from us via email at login. You can view your own data via a web application that is accessed using a REST protocol with SSL security. The personal reporting module does not contain any identification data and provides the client with an individual overview of their own data.
Selected management administrators can access session data incl. measurement results for quality control and debugging. The list of persons is available via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PsyMate™ app only uses technical, functional and analytic cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone on the first visit to this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the PsyMate™ app and reporting tool and serve solely to improve your user experience. For example, they make sure that the PsyMate™ app works properly and remember your preferred settings. They also optimize our reporting page. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information previously stored via your browser’s settings.
8. Viewing, modifying or deleting personal data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You can do this yourself via the personal settings of your account. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent for data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by our company and you have the right to data transferability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we hold about you in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you. If you wish to make use of your right to object and / or the right to data transferability or if you have other questions / comments about data processing, please send a specified request to email@example.com. PsyMate ™ App will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but in any case within four weeks. PsyMate ™ App would also like to point out that you have the option to file a complaint with the national data protection authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can do this via this link.